Monday, January 02, 2006

 

Happy New Year and GO BUCKS!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's holiday season. We had a great time on our annual ski trip to Holiday Valley...the only down side was that one of the members of our group, Doug Fiessinger apparently blew out his ACL and MCL...he'll learn more this week after he visits a local doctor but the doc at the emergency care facility was pretty confident he blew it out.

As we start the new year, we'll also get more aggressive at treating my lymphoma. Tomorrow (January 3rd) I get my first CHOP chemotherapy/Rituxan treatment and we'll continue this every three weeks for 6-8 treatments. Following the Rituxan treatment in December Dr. Leming told me I should notice that the lymph nodes are significantly smaller and they are. That is obviously encouraging! So we'll just continue to bombard away at the lymphoma until it is gone.

On Friday I'll have a port put in to make future infusions a lot easier to administer. And the next time many of you see me the chances are I probably will be be in the process of losing my hair....fortunately I have a bunch of hats!

So the wild ride is truly set to begin. I continue to feel pretty good. In fact, over the holidays is the best I've felt for a while. I'm more at ease and relaxed. That will probably rise a bit tomorrow during the chemo treatment but once I know what I'm dealing with, I think it'll be a little easier mentally. (At least I hope it will be!)

The only thing left to say is....GO BUCKS!!! There's a big game later this afternoon and hopefully the Buckeyes will be able to show Notre Dame that they still have a ways to go before they can say they're truly back.

I'll keep you all postedon the events of this week. Peace and blessings to all!!

Comments:
Vance,

The Irish are quiet today, aren't they?
GO BUCKS!

We're praying for you this week!

Love,
Ed, Jane, Ellen and Beth
 
While the final score does not show the true domination the Bucks had over the Irish, I am sure the Irish know deep in their hearts that they have a long way to go to be considered on the same level as our BUCKEYES!

GO BUCKS!!!

Chris

BTW: Lloyd Carr is now 3-11 in his last 5 bowl games (1-4), last 5 Buckeyes games(1-4) and the last four Irish games (1-3). UofM is starting to talk about returning to its glory days. Both the Bucks and Irish need to keep UofM in that mode.
 
Hi Vince: Hopefully with the Bucks win, it will make your day a little more pleasant. We think of you and the family always. Take care.
Hope all goes well.
Love ya, Rich,Cathy,Brittany & Grant
 
Vince,

Hope you had a good day. Those renegade cells had no idea who they were messing with and now they have met their match... Go get them Tiger....
You are in our daily thoughts and prayers..
Love,
Jim and Mary J
 
hi-sure hope all went well todayand you are more at ease with the next few weeks.as for your hair you are a hamsome devil with or without it!!also was happy for you that the bucks won.take good care of each other.love linda
 
OK Vince the ride has really started. You will have a journey that will impact many in a very positive way. An important aspect of this journey is how your wonderful network of family and friends will benefit. It is strange how God works, isn't it.
So be aware Pebbles and I are praying for and observing your recovery.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?