Monday, December 05, 2005

 

Weekend in Pittsburgh/Another Scan today....

We had a blast in Pittsburgh this weekend! We arrived at 2 pm on Saturday afternoon and left around 6 pm yesterday with a 38-31 Bengals win over the Steelers. I had a tremendous view from my last row seats! Yes, we sat in row LL which is the last row in the endzone seats. (Actually we stood in the last row since a winter storm came through Pittsburgh on Saturday night and left most of the seats covered with a sheet of ice.) Despite the weather and 'nosebleed' seats we had a great time and were pleased to watch all the disgruntled Steeler fans head for the exits with about 5 minutes to play and the Bengals up 14 points. Next up for the Bengals are the Cleveland Browns...two more wins and the Bengals clinch the north division crown and a berth in the playoffs! Who Dey!!

Today I'll have a CT scan of my neck region. As I said last week, I had an abdomen scan last Thursday. We'll get together with Dr. Leming to go over the 'results'on Wednesday. So a few extra prayers this week would certainly be appreciated.

I hope everyone is getting into the swing of the holidays. Only 20 days until Christmas; we don't have any decorations up, don't have a tree, Judd hasn't even done his Christmas list...we need to get busy! Maybe we can get things set up this weekend.

Finally, you've probably heard that Ohio State and Notre Dame are going to be squaring off in the 2006 Fiesta Bowl. You may recall the last time these teams hooked up back in the mid-90's Ohio State not only ruined the Heisman hopes of Ron Paulus but also threw the Irish into a tailspin that they are just now recovering from. Sun Devil Stadium has become a home away from home for the Buckeyes these past few years and I expect the Scarlet and Gray to show the Irish that they ain't playing Stanford anymore. Go Bucks!

Comments:
hey-are you coming out to see the game here???we have extra beds between your sister and me.
you have all my prayers and very anxious to hear what dr.leming has to say.love to all --linda
 
Vinnie,
I think that is fantastic that you'll be doing all the decorating this weekend! You are the best. Aaron volunteered to do the outside lights as long as he can crawl on the (icy) roof. Another great idea from a teenage boy. With or without lights and decorations - I'll cherish this Christmas season. Love ya - Julsie
 
Hey Vinnie,

I've got my fingers crossed and I'm hoping for a bright, happy full report coming soon.

BTW, you of all people should know that icy roofs and people are a bad combination...

Exhibit A - 47 Cliff Street, 1975 - "Are you up there???"

Talk to you soon...

Go Bucks,

Stoney
 
I really hope you are doing well Vince and you have all my love, support and prayers, but the ND slams are a little tough to take

Keep your chin up! As for the Buckeyes losing on January 2nd...don't let it get you too down--as the great Big Ten ambassador Bob Knight said: "If it's inevitable, you may as well sit back and enjoy it!"

Cousin Mike
 
SORRY TO HEAR YOU WERE SICK ON I -75.HOPE YOU DO NOT STAY NAUSEATED TO MUCH.YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS DAILY AND ALWAYS IN MY HART-LINDA
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?