Thursday, December 01, 2005

 

A Big Day....

Back on October 28 we decided to take a 'Wait and Watch' approach before doing any treatments for my lymphoma. Today, nearly two months after being diagnosed, we are going to repeat the scans to see how much has changed since October 5. (I'll actually have an chest/abdomen scan today and a neck scan on Monday, December 5.) I have to admit I'm very anxious to see the results of the tests. We'll meet with Dr. Leming on December 7 to go over the results. So if you read this before 1 PM on December 1, lift up a prayer that everything goes as well as possible with these scans.

This weekend I'm heading over to Pittsburgh to watch the Bengals play the Steelers. That should be a great diversion. I was invited to go with a group of guys from St. Susanna, many of whom I coach football with. Knowing this group, there could be a record for Anheuser Busch product consumption over a 36 hour period established in the Steel City this weekend. If I know what's good for me, I may want to volunteer to be the designated driver! I would like to thank Nick Ducey for inviting me - I know we're going to have a great time - Who Dey!!!

I'll be sure to let everyone know what our next step will be. I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend.

Peace and blessings,

Vince

Comments:
Vince:

Just make sure that you do not repeat your trip to Pitt to watch Georgetown w/Patrick Ewing destroy the Pitt Panthers.

From what little I recall from the trip: you, John, and I had at least 2 cases down by the 2PM game time.

I talked with Wah a few months ago. He still lives in Pittsburgh.

Chris
 
Hi Vince
I just so happened to open this at exactly 1:00 pm today so I will offer up a prayer on your behalf. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Oh, and I can't wait to watch Notre Dame and Ohio State play. Ask Julie who I'll be shouting for.....
Peace
Mary Wersel
 
Hey Vince,
I check this site daily, but just realized I could respond!!!! you are in our daily thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much for sharing your journey!

Love and prayers,
and of course go Bengals!!
Maureen Brandel
 
Dear Vince:
I hope all the testing went well for you yesterday and pray that Monday's testing goes smoothly also. You are in our thoughts daily, and hope you enjoy a fun and safe trip to the Bengals game this weekend.
All Our Love,
Jim, Di, Bri, Maria and Julie
 
Vince-I just realized too that we could respond to your messages-we will be keeping you in prayer all week (all my Episcopalian friends will be too!) Your niece Katie may very well be a Buckeye next year-she was accepted to their prenursing program. So you know who we always cheer on! We love you, Marian & girls
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?