Monday, October 17, 2005

 

Weekend recap/Mass at Xavier University....

As I mentioned in the last post, my next doctor appointment will be Wednesday with Dr. Leming. At that time we should learn a great deal more about what we are dealing with. My appointment is at 4:40 pm so if you think about it, lift up a prayer for us around that time on Wednesday.

We had a very nice weekend. On Friday we went to some friends' house, Mark and Lisa Marrs for dinner and on Saturday we did an overnight at the Embassy Suites in Northern Kentucky with Jeanne and Steve Bruce. They were celebrating their 22nd wedding anniversary; we watched Notre Dame lose, went to dinner at Dee Felice and had a nightcap at the hotel. It was relaxing to get away, even if it was just one night.

My football team took it on the chin yesterday at St. Columban, 22-14, but the boys played a great game. We have one game left before the tournament and hopefully we'll have a chance to get revenge on those Bobcats. It was nice to see the Buckeyes and Bengals rebound with a win over the weekend. I predicted the Bengals would make it to the Super Bowl this season and at 5-1 they are well on their way!

Tomorrow (October 18) there will be a Mass for me at Xavier's Bellarmine Chapel. The Mass is at noon and open to anyone who would like to attend. The celebrant will be Fr. Albert Bischoff. I'm very touched by the support I've been receiving from my colleagues at Xavier. Everyone has been wonderful. I received a very nice note from our president, Fr. Mike Graham, offering his prayers and support. Fr. Graham says at the end of his note that he has absolutely no doubt that I will make it through this challenging time 'a stronger and more grace-filled man' because of it. In my heart, I feel the same way.

Thanks again to all for your prayers and support. You are all a blessing to us, we will continue to keep you updated on our journey. Peace, Love and Blessings.

Comments:
Vince:
The outpouring of support you are experiencing is a direct relationship to the impact you have on others.

Thanks for taking the time and effort in writing this journal. It will be a source of inspiration for you, your family and your many friends.

One step at a time.


God Bless - The Crons are praying for you.
Keith
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?