Friday, October 28, 2005

 

Wait and Watch....

I just returned from our latest visit with Dr. Leming and we have decided, at least through the holidays, to take a 'wait and watch' approach. At this point there is no advantage to jumping in to a treatment mode and by waiting we should be able to learn some things about my disease by comparing where I was when I was first diagnosed with where I will be the next time they check me (probably the week of December 5.)

I continue to feel well. Its doubtful I'll have any symptoms pop up prior to the next scan. Dr. Leming said he has people who have been in the 'watch and wait' mode for several years but I don't think I want to do that. Sooner than later, I'd like to have this treated and make it go away.

So, at least for a few weeks, there probably won't be much to report. We will be looking at different treatment plans and possible clinical studies to get involved with. I also plan to talk with a few other people who have also dealt with this disease and are doing well.

Once we get in to a treatment routine, it will probably take 6 months for the treatment to run its course. Dr. Leming said it will probably go away by the 3rd month of the treatments and the rest is simply to keep blasting at it.

As always, thanks to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and concerns. Our family is doing well and a great deal of our comfort comes from our family and many friends. Thanks for being there for us! Peace and blessings to all!!

Vince

Comments:
Vince:
Thanks so much for setting this up as a way to communicate for all those who are interested in yoru progress. You are in our family's prayers every day. Your positive attitude will certainly help in your healing. Keep the faith!
Margo Flege and the Flege Family
 
Vince,
Happy Belated Birthday to Judd. You and Julie must be so proud of his accomplishments He has marvelous examples with you and Julie and your family. I can't help but think of the beauty of fall and feel the reassurance of God's love. God is walking beside you and He shows this through your strength and peace and the loving examples of your family. It was so good to see you at Dottie's celebration. we had such a great time with her at her home and we rejoice in the knowledge that she has met Dean Martin. I bet she hasn't stopped laughing:)
We are praying and we will keep in touch Love to all
Jim and Mary Jackson
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?