Friday, October 14, 2005

 

PET/CT Scan...

Well now I've had the wonderful experience of a PET/CT scan. It really wasn't all that bad. I could see if someone was claustrophobic how it might be a little unsettling but I made it through with no problem. The toughest part is having to lay motionless for 20 minutes. That might not seem hard to do but about halfway through you start having little itches pop up and of course when you can't scratch them, they become that much more annoying.

So now I've had the bone marrow scan and the PET/CT scan. These tests will show where I have trouble spots and then we should be able to move on to a treatment. I have to admit, I'm very anxious to get moving! I have an appointment with Dr. Leming next Wednesday to go over the results. So in the meantime we'll continue to go ahead with 'our normal lives' if that's possible!

I've heard from so many friends and family since hearing the news about my lymphoma. Thank you all for your thoughts, concerns and prayers. Julie will tell you that I don't really enjoy talking on the phone but I've loved hearing from everyone who's taken the time to call. Keep the calls coming! Its been great catching up with everyone and we'll have to be sure to keep in touch.

A song by Greenday has been bouncing around in my head ever since I heard the news about my diagnosis...I think it fits in well with the situation we're going through. You've probably heard it many times....I'll end for now with the lyrics from the song. Peace, love and blessings to all!

Good Riddance (Time of your life)...

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road.
Time takes you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test and don't ask 'why'.
Its not a question but an answer learned in time.
Its something unpredictable but in the end is right.
I hope you have the time of your life.

Comments:
Hey Vinnie,
You have continued to be in our thoughts and prayers. We are glad to hear that the testing stuff is over for now. We know next week will be tough but if anyone can handle it - it would be you. We love you! Stay tough! Rich, Kristin, Delaney and Griffin
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?